Quicktime Failed To Initialize Error
Any other suggestions? Help!thanks!Tina Lenovo X200, Windows 7 Posted on Jan 27, 2010 7:36 PM I have this question too Close Q: Quicktime failed to initialize. I tried a few times. by Paige1 / April 18, 2006 7:05 AM PDT In reply to: Let's See I cannot seem to download what needs to be downloaded. have a peek here
I seem to remember being able to go back much further then that previously. Check your QuickTime installation Try some other QuickTime streaming media to ensure that your player works. If you cannot view the video within your browser, try running QuickTime itself and using the "File | Open URL..." command (you will need to copy the video link from this And if I still can't get it to work, then what?
That's in one dialog box. Get 1:1 Help Now Advertise Here Enjoyed your answer? finally...I am using McAfee. As I said, I made sure I removed the directories and registry keys left over by the uninstallers.
This fix worked beautifully! I won't be seeing that computer again for a few days (and I want to make sure I have new stuff to try once I do get there), so all I Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Bingo!!! Therefore, it consumes a lot of system resources, especially when it is used to capture video.
I'm not even sure why one would need to use it really. QuickTime Troubleshooting A number of people have problems try the Quicktime streaming audio on the "Course Materials" report access Section of the website LLC. Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Thanks...great ideas.. Of RAM installed on a 128MB computer installation will lead to errors or lead to system problems, if it is actually an administrative installation.
Join & Ask a Question Need Help in Real-Time? After clicking OK, another dialog box comes up, with the message The plug-in performed an illegal operation. If it was pre-loaded, you should certainly try to see if there are updates for it - but as it appears to be conflicting with System Restore, do look into removing Solved: Quick Time fails to initialize Error # 2093 Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ophfee, Jul 15, 2011.
QuickTime invalidSampleDescription -2041 Inconsistently described in the report sample of QuickTime. navigate here Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Check if Quicktime Data by colindarby / April 16, 2006 7:30 AM PDT In reply to: Quicktime install Hi,Is the Media file in Something just occurred to me. Error # -2093 I know that people have posted this problem before, but nothing helped and I am rather desperate...I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 with Windows 7 Professional installed
- Discussions cover Windows 2003 Server, Windows installation, adding and removing programs, driver problems, crashes, upgrading, and other OS-related questions.Real-Time ActivityMy Tracked DiscussionsFAQsPoliciesModerators General discussion Quicktime install by Paige1 / April 16,
- What version of Quicktime? 0 LVL 30 Overall: Level 30 Web Browsers 22 Message Active 6 days ago Expert Comment by:mtz1of42006-05-27 Sorry, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic 0 LVL 97 Overall: Level 97
- As I said, I reinstalled Quicktime, several times.
- Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Disk cleanup by Paige1 / April 21, 2006 11:13 PM PDT In reply to: When You Say Hi again Themisive.
- Jumping in to another's question will only confuse and mess up both the original asker and the experts.
- by tobeach / April 19, 2006 5:21 PM PDT In reply to: Restore dates..
- Show Ignored Content As Seen On Welcome to Tech Support Guy!
- If you still have problems, close Firefox or Mozilla Suite, open the "Mozilla" or "Firefox" folder in the profile folder location and delete the file "pluginreg.dat" Then, while reading through a
- If you've uninstalled and rebooted and then reinstalled quicktime and Firefox and then checked off the appropriate MIME types you want to use in Quicktimes Control Panel, I'm lost.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Style Default Style Contact Us Help Home Top RSS Terms and Rules Copyright © TechGuy, Inc. I started to get this really annoying error every time I went to page that had a Quicktime .mov embedded in it while using FireFox: QuickTime failed to initialize. Check This Out That was an excellant idea really.
I've been thinking ("brooding" might be a better term) over what might be most sensible to check on next.Can you do an experiment for me? When I reboot my computer, neither QT not iTunes starts, so I have to uninstall all Apple programs, reboot my computer, then re-install iTunes. Thanks so much for your help.
Should I close it somehow?
It is almost always in the last minute of screen border frame decoding time. Mac OS X only: Configure QuickTime plug-in for your browser All Apple OS X computers come with QuickTime installed and preconfigured functions, but in some cases it is necessary ensure that Support Apple Support Communities Shop the Apple Online Store (1-800-MY-APPLE), visit an Apple Retail Store, or find a reseller. I'm gonna go and see if I can fill out my specs in my profile.
Thanks so much tobeach. Already tried uninstall of Quicktime, removed the npqt plugins from both Quicktime and Firefox directories, and also pluginreg.dat, then reinstalled Quicktime and adjusted the MIME settings. This is how video conferencing should work! http://lebloggeek.com/quicktime-failed/quicktime-failed-to-initialize-error-0.html Apple Info Site Map Hot News RSS Feeds Contact Us Copyright © Apple Inc.
I could not find anyway to make it work! I went into the restore section and for some reason, I seem to only be able to go back to Feb of this year. I'm not even sure why I decided to use it as I had never done that before and won't be doing it again. You are strongly advised to restart Firefox.
I seem to be able to install the newest version but that does not seem to matter.